Richmond borough needs housing for local people - for our children and our grandchildren. We will work with MPs, GLA members and spokespeople to make sure there is genuinely affordable housing for the borough to ensure that our children and grandchildren can afford to live here.
- We will provide more genuinely affordable housing, with new approaches to increase supply and extend existing stock to alleviate overcrowding
- We will robustly enforce the council’s own planning standards to maximise, where possible, the provision of genuinely affordable and social housing on all new developments in the borough
- We will increase inspections in the private rented sector and take tough action against rogue landlords
- We will reintroduce the council’s Design Panel to raise the standard of building design in the borough
- We will ensure the council is an exemplar of the best standards we would seek other developers to follow - in design, practice, community involvement and consultation, in living standards
- We would make public health a formal consultation partner in all non-domestic and large planning applications, championing health promotion and well being and air quality initiatives