- Liberal Democrats oppose all discrimination and believe that government should take an active role both in punishing discrimination and in ensuring it does not happen in the first place. Our society is only strong once it includes everybody – regardless of their background
- We will work with our party nationally to ensure that discrimination is tackled in the workplace and across our borough.
- We have a number of large companies and businesses in our borough who we will work with to increase diversity regarding gender, ethnic diversity, LGBT+ and disability
- We will work with autism charities to aim to speed up diagnosis across the borough
- We will work with disability charities to form a scheme to ensure everyone who wants to work has the best chance of recruitment
- We will extend the use of name-blind recruitment processes in the public sector and encourage their use in the private sector
- We will increase accessibility in our train stations and at our bus stops by working with Network Rail and TFL
- We will explore all avenues to reverse Conservative library cuts in Heathfield Ward and protect existing network of libraries
- We will tackle the under-performance of the council in supporting adults with learning disabilities getting in to employment
- We will ensure there is a seamless transition of young people with learning disabilities from children’s services in to adult services and increase training and employment opportunities with council partners
Making our borough accessible for everyone
Do you like this page?