Exciting plans have been published for major improvements to Twickenham Riverside between Water Lane and Wharf Lane.
The plans will make the most of Twickenham’s beautiful riverside views, provide safe and attractive public space for families to enjoy leisure time and special events, and support the local economy. After decades of political squabbling over the site, it’s time for residents to send a clear message – let’s get this done!
Click here to find out more and complete the questionnaire.
Key features of the plans include:
- Expanded public open space, prioritising green over grey and people over motor vehicles.
- Play facilities for young people, accessibility for those with mobility issues, and gardens for everyone to enjoy.
- Fantastic facilities for special events such as markets and fairs.
- Benefitting the local economy through the right mix of homes (including affordable ones), offices, and retail and cafes that complement what is already available locally.
- A widened Water Lane opening views towards the river and vastly improving the pedestrian link between the town centre, Church Street and the riverside.
- Attractive and environmentally sustainable buildings designed by world-class architects.
Gareth Roberts says, "We’ve got to this stage by working with community groups, running an open design competition, and being willing to invest sensibly in improvements that will revitalise the town centre. I know this site has a long history, but it also has an exciting future so please do respond to the consultation and support these fantastic plans."
For more information, contact your local councillors here.