Twickenham and Richmond Park & North Kingston constituencies are posting the second of two exciting job opportunities - a campaign organiser to work on the General Election Campaigns of Sarah Olney and Munira Wilson.
Twickenham and Richmond Park are strong constituencies for the Liberal Democrats, we control Richmond and Kingston Councils and aim to win these two constituencies at the next General Election.
This area is crucial to the Liberal Democrats, and the successful applicant will play a vital role in sending Munira and Sarah to the green benches.
TWICKENHAM AND RICHMOND PARK CAMPAIGN ORGANISER: design and content (literature & digital) support
Job Title: Local Party Organiser - Lib Dems
Working For: Local Lib Dem
Location: Twickenham and Richmond
Salary: A competitive package will be negotiated with chosen candidates.
Tenure: Temporary – 3 Months
Closing Date: 5pm, 28th October 2019
Twickenham and Richmond Park Liberal Democrats are looking for the second of two Campaigner Organisers. The successful candidate for this role will be a motivated self-starter.
Strong interpersonal, problem-solving and organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload is essential.
Flexible working hours and conditions – requires some evening and weekend work
We are looking for passion and commitment and we are open to taking on someone without previous political campaigning experience.
On the job training will be provided.
This role is to provide artwork, design and content support. The role will support our two Parliamentary Candidates – Twickenham and Richmond Park.
The chosen candidate will report to and be line managed by the Campaign Manager.
- Organise the local party resources for election campaigns
- Work with campaign teams, local execs and PPCs to create and deliver campaigns within budget
- Manage, direct, enlarge and support a volunteer base
- Work with Councillors and PPCs to design, create, artwork, produce and organise delivery of direct addressed letters, leaflets, newspapers, street letters and social media campaigns
- Ensure all external communications follow legal, policy and style guides and are checked for errors
- Help Councillors and PPCs maximise Press coverage
- Monitor and manage party level Social media accounts and websites
- Plan and manage in-person and virtual events
- Organise and carry out Fundraising campaigns
- Communicate regularly with members
- Maintain the running of the Liberal Democrat office
- Behave in a manner true to our values and seek to deliver our mission
- Use a database effectively for campaigning purposes
- Computer literacy and use of databases
- Design and artwork skills to create distinctive, readable and visually attractive literature
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including copy and press releases
- Strong ability to organise multiple work-streams, and manage demanding workloads
- Familiar with Liberal Democrat policy
- Working with volunteers, even better if it’s been building volunteer teams and activist networks
Closing Date: 5pm 28th October
Please apply by email attaching:
- A current CV including complete work history.
- A letter of application no more than 2 sides of A4 with (a) statement of suitability, (drawing from the competencies listed in the job description) and (b) a vision for the role (drawing from the key objectives set out in the job description.)
- A completed diversity monitoring form.
Applicants are encouraged to inform us if any reasonable adjustments are needed to be made during any part of the recruitment process.
Please note: We will not be able employ you if you are not eligible to work in the UK. We will not be able to obtain a work permit on your behalf.
Email application with the subject ‘Local Party Organiser,’ to the local party Chair Piers Allen: [email protected]
Deadline for applications: 5pm on the closing date.28th October 2019
Interviews will be held at TRNK Lib Dems, 108 South Worple Way, East Sheen, SW14 8TN.